On 10/03/2020 10:47, Michael Stahl wrote:
On 10.03.20 10:25, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
After the transition from the two-stage dmake-based build system to gbuild was completed, this could have been cleaned up, moving the relevant dependencies into the individual tests.

this was actually done for new tests and turned out to be a horrible idea leading to dozens of lines of copypasta in every CppunitTest makefile and still missing vital dependencies that then led to hours wasted debugging test failures that only happen sometimes when building from scratch.

Oh, what I meant with "relevant dependencies" there was rather the coarse dependencies that subsequentcheck itself currently depends on. (If I understand solenv/gbuild/Module.mk correctly, something like its

$(call gb_Module_get_subsequentcheck_target,$(1)) : $$(gb_Module_CURRENTTARGET)
$$(gb_Module_CURRENTTARGET) :| \
        $(call gb_Postprocess_get_target,AllModulesButInstsetNative) \
    $(call gb_Package_get_target,instsetoo_native_setup) \
    $(call gb_Package_get_target,instsetoo_native_setup_ure)

and probably wrapped up as some convenience macro to be used in the individual tests' .mk files.)