On 06/15/2017 03:34 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 03/29/2017 07:09 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:20 PM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman@redhat.com> wrote:
Some of our baselines on current master (towards LO 5.4) are as follows:
** GCC 4.8.1:
*** inheriting constructors
*** ref-qualifiers

FYI: baseline CentOS with devtoolset has 4.8.2

Is anybody actually still using GCC 4.7 on master (towards LO 6.0, by now)?

Just tried to build recent master against some GCC 4.7.4 (on F25, using system's libstdc++ 6.3 at runtime), and that doesn't work well, causing spurious -Wsign-compare warnings, spurious errors about allegedly implicitly noexcept(false) dtors of std::exception derivations, and failure to compile usage of thread_local in comphelper/source/misc/threadpool.cxx (where support for thread-local storage was only "partial" in GCC < 4.8, according to <http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/compiler_support>). So I wonder if anybody still manages to build with anything less than GCC 4.8?

(LHM's tb56 appears to be using GCC 4.8 by now, and that used to be one with a notoriously old compiler.)

If there's no objections, I'd bump current master towards LO 6.0 to GCC 4.8.

(4.8.1 even, so we'll have ref-qualifiers known-working everywhere and can drop HAVE_CXX11_REF_QUALIFIER.)