On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:20:54PM +0100, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman@redhat.com> wrote:
*  macOS 10.8
(<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=ReleaseNotes/4.4&oldid=99539#Mac_OS_X>)

Bumping this to macOS 10.9 would get rid of the last known case of
!HAVE_THREADSAFE_STATICS (cf.
<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=aa2fbfc4faa24cf7ee5aa9afdafddbd536ac4fec>
"Found out that Mac OS X 10.9 has working threadsafe statics").  What is
unknown however is the status on Android and iOS.  Having
HAVE_THREADSAFE_STATICS everywhere would allow to clean up code, see e.g.
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/35258/> "replace double-checked-locking
with C++11 static initializer".

Do we have any tinderbox building against the 10.8 SDK? I just realized
that the xmlsec we bundle on master now requires libxml 2.8, and as far
as I see Jenkins builds against the 10.9 SDK. So there is a risk that
the 10.8 SDK provides an older libxml and this went unnoticed.

Regards,

Miklos