Hello,

good news, everyone! Robert, Alex and I managed to install Gerrit into a shiny new KVM based on Ubuntu 12.04, with the documentation provided.

I just mailed directly to Björn, Norbert and David so they get access to that VM. Further users will follow when it's productive. This new Gerrit instance is available at http://vm20.documentfoundation.org right now.

I'd like to ask you three to confirm things are working as expected and all components are installed. I assume that gitbot (not sure if that's the right name, but I'm not talking about gerritbot) and the buildbot plugin are missing. Please check and verify the instance is working as expected, or send documentation for missing pieces so we can install it.

When we're good to go, we arrange for a day when we make the switch, which should only take a couple of minutes - DNS TTL is set to five minutes, and copying database and data takes about 10 minutes or so. After that is done, the migration from 2.5.6 to 2.6.x can be done.

Soon we finally can shut down the old LXC container and upgrade the hosts base OS as well.

Thanks!
Florian