On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 15:14 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 01:48:15PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
    The arguably bit was near the crux of the discussion - IIRC it was
decided that aborting was not a great idea - we have enough odd
corner-case bugs crawling out of the woodwork just now.

Thats not how I remember it, I remember you stating that as your opinion and
then leaving for the next call. The remaining folks came to conclude:

        Ho hum; so you made me read the minutes.

        2012-08-23 - inconclusive as you say (you were there)

        2012-09-06 - conclusive - two action items (you were not there)

AI:     + enable debug bits for Mac tinderbox (Norbert)
AI:     + change to contract and OSL_TRACE for oob results in copy (Michael)

        And I for one am -really- tired of discussing it, but horribly
unwilling to give in to argument by exhaustion - so - if we want to
re-visit; you'll be happy to raise it again next week at the ESC ? IIRC
both those actions got completed.

Given that, I would suggest to carefully add more aborts on illegal bug states
esp. on master. If by beta/rc time we find one abort to fire a lot without
being able to fix it, we can still demote the abort to a

        Unfortunately, it seems the vast majority of our heavy-duty testing
happens between A.B.0 and A.B.2 so ... I'm not optimistic about that,
though the situation is improving - and I'm -really- encouraged by the
number of people filing 3.7 regressions so we can fix them early,
running and testing the latest master builds.

        ATB,

                Michael.