On Thursday 04 of October 2012, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 01:48:15PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
The SAL_WARN thing sounds sensible - I'd really appreciate it if someone
that understands the full set of all the warn / log variant macros, and
also likes using stream operators could work out how to print something
more meaningful about the error :-) preferably un-conditionally - so no
environment variable is needed etc. [ is that a SAL_WARN? ].

 The SAL_WARN/LOG stuff is actually *documented*, including an example. Unlike
loads of other code, you don't actually need to understand it, you just
glance/read the docs and use it. What more do you find missing?

How about a SAL_ERROR that always prints its message unconditionally and
aborts on dbgutl builds (as we have a tinderbox running subsequentcheck on
dbgutl, right?)?

 How would this be different from a plain assert()/abort() in practice?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@suse.cz