Hi Joel,

On 2012-08-20 at 09:53 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:

I am still having a hard time locating the relevant code for this bug
fdo#53001. I did the backtrace with the dialog open and I didn't see
anything useful in there. If someone can help direct me to the
relevant code OR if someone is willing to take the bug and fix it, I
think it's a 20 minute fix but hours upon hours of trying to find the
code has left me a bit frustrated.

Having read the bug report, it says that it is a 'Link' in the file
dialog.  The file dialog is located in the fpicker/ subdir, so

git grep Link fpicker/ | grep src
fpicker/source/office/OfficeFilePicker.src:    Text [ en-US ] = "~Link" ;

When you open it, you see that its identifier is
STR_SVT_FILEPICKER_INSERT_AS_LINK; and in the output of

git grep STR_SVT_FILEPICKER_INSERT_AS_LINK

the is interesting is fpicker/source/office/iodlg.cxx; so looking there,
it is set when SFX_EXTRA_INSERTASLINK bit is set, so grepping for that:

git grep SFX_EXTRA_INSERTASLINK

the interesting one seems to be
fpicker/source/office/OfficeFilePicker.cxx; it is set with
TemplateDescription::FILEOPEN_LINK_PREVIEW_IMAGE_TEMPLATE or
TemplateDescription::FILEOPEN_LINK_PREVIEW; so let's git grep for that:

git grep FILEOPEN_LINK_PREVIEW

and voila! - we have a hit in reportdesign:

reportdesign/source/ui/report/ReportController.cxx

So the code that controls this is

void OReportController::insertGraphic()

There is even

xController->enableControl(ui::dialogs::ExtendedFilePickerElementIds::CHECKBOX_LINK,
sal_False/*sal_True*/);

in there - so it seems to me that the code tries to disable the
checkbox ;-)

In the bug report, I miss the information if the bug appears with the
native Windows file picker, or the LibreOffice one; if the former, I'd
look around fpicker/source/win32/filepicker (here git grep
CHECKBOX_LINK, probably), if the latter, then I'd try
fpicker/source/office.

Please let me know if you need any further help.  Sorry - you've picked
a not really straight-forward bug ;-)

All the best,
Kendy