On 08/08/2012 06:01 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 07:32 +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 06:50:22PM -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
I'm trying to locate the code that handles the dialog that appears when you
do the following steps in base:
To answer this kind of questions, I find it useful to run a build with
symbols (debug build) under gdb. Then, when the dialog is open, just
press CTRL-C in gdb
        So - that is one way :-) another way is to grep for the UI strings,
which usually come from a .src file; so

git --no-pager grep -2 "Create Report in Design View"
dbaccess/source/ui/app/app.src-String RID_STR_NEW_REPORT
dbaccess/source/ui/app/app.src-{
dbaccess/source/ui/app/app.src:    Text [ en-US ] = "Create Report in Design View..." ;
dbaccess/source/ui/app/app.src-};
dbaccess/source/ui/app/app.src-

        Maps the string to the ID, then grep for that RID_STR_...

git --no-pager grep -2 RID_STR_NEW_REPORT
dbaccess/source/ui/app/AppDetailView.cxx-
dbaccess/source/ui/app/AppDetailView.cxx-    case E_REPORT:
dbaccess/source/ui/app/AppDetailView.cxx:        rList.push_back( TaskEntry( ".uno:DBNewReport",
RID_STR_REPORT_HELP_TEXT, RID_STR_NEW_REPORT, true ) );
dbaccess/source/ui/app/AppDetailView.cxx:        rList.push_back( TaskEntry(
".uno:DBNewReportAutoPilot", RID_STR_REPORTS_HELP_TEXT_WIZARD, RID_STR_NEW_REPORT_AUTO ) );
dbaccess/source/ui/app/AppDetailView.cxx-        _rData.nTitleId = RID_STR_REPORTS_CONTAINER;
dbaccess/source/ui/app/AppDetailView.cxx-        break;

        So somewhere thereabouts :-)

        There was (IIRC) an easy-hack to create some web infrastructure that
would help do this lookup (particularly with accelerator keys) for new
developers - that'd be an awesome thing to build of course - a bit of
php (or somesuch) interfacing to a database built by some 'git greps ?'

        All the best,

                Michael.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately every time I run "run" and get into database I get a segfault in gdb.

[Switching to Thread 0x7fffc2d06700 (LWP 4977)]

Not sure why. Also mine looks nothing like Lionel's did when he ran gdb. Mine looks more like this:

[New Thread 0x7fffb8fff700 (LWP 4966)]
[New Thread 0x7fffb8efe700 (LWP 4967)]
[New Thread 0x7fffb8dfd700 (LWP 4968)]
[New Thread 0x7fffb8cfc700 (LWP 4969)]
[New Thread 0x7fffb8bfb700 (LWP 4970)]
[New Thread 0x7fffb8afa700 (LWP 4971)]
[New Thread 0x7fffb89f9700 (LWP 4972)]
[Thread 0x7fffc2d06700 (LWP 4962) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffd08a3700 (LWP 4973)]
[New Thread 0x7fffc2d06700 (LWP 4974)]
[New Thread 0x7fff93fff700 (LWP 4975)]
[Thread 0x7fff93fff700 (LWP 4975) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffc2d06700 (LWP 4974) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffc2d06700 (LWP 4977)]
[New Thread 0x7fffc9667700 (LWP 4978)]

Any help appreciated. Thanks all

Joel