Hi Joel,

On 2012-08-08 at 08:24 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:

1. For getting a bit more in depth instructions, is it best to ask
here or in IRC? I believe (almost positive) that my Libo is installed
with symbols enabled, so I want to try to do the gdb method but need
kind of a complete breakdown of what to do (I believe it's only a few
steps).

Both works - the way you choose depends on how fast do you need the
answer :-) - IRC is usually faster, OTOH asking on the ML can teach more
people how to do things.

2. If the best place to ask is here, could someone be kind enough to
write out the few steps?

Just one more thing, the 'gdb' way works only when you are on Linux ;-)
- on Windows you have to use the MSVC debugger.

So provided that you are on Linux, just go to the subdir where you have
installed your LO, do

gdb ./soffice.bin

and continue as Lionel advised.  More about debugging is here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_debug

Hope that helps,
Kendy