On 08/20/2012 11:59 PM, Gökçen Eraslan wrote:
At the end of the day, however, Adobe acroread shows the PDF signatures
as invalid for some reason. But, it shows the certificate details
correctly (which was not the case when I have used the old NSS PKCS7
API). So it seems DER/HEX encodings and the inclusion of the certificate
chain are correct but there is a bug, apparently. Maybe the calculation
of SHA1 or passing the private key password to NSS is wrong. I will try
to figure it out soon.

Yeah, acroread complains that the signature is invalid because "There have been changes made to this document that invalidate the signature" (plus more, but that's likely related to the throwaway self-signed cert I tested with).

But great results anyway so far.

Stephan