On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:

Now that I've done some testing here, I realize that we need some way
to turn off the push-nightlies step while still enabling the creation
of the bibisect repositories. For example, I don't want to bother with
pushing nightlies, especially when I'm testing my commits locally. To
fix I've reordered the day-checking guts of do_push() so that we do
our nightly check first, then call do_bibisect_push(), then (if
pushing nightlies is enabled), call push_nightlies.sh. Both parts are
included in the same tinbuild "phase," but can be enabled
independently.

Yep, Sound good.

I think that all of the git and file operations should run on most
*nix systems, including OSX. There might be a couple of tweaks to make
But I'm not so much concerned about the git-foo part of the script but
rather with what is put in bi-bisect.
make dev-install does not work on all platform and you do not have a
*/opt/* to 'add' .

Based on the discussion in this thread it sounds like we're pretty
close with an opt/ directory and make dev-install, but we might need
an unpack step for at least OS/Darwin (and maybe for Windows?). To
address these issues (and per suggestion), I've moved the code that
handles finding the opt/ directory, make-install, copying, etc.. into
tinbuild_internals.sh where we can further override it in
platform-specific files such as tinbuild_internals_Darwin.sh.