On 25/06/12 11:46, Noel Power wrote:
I wonder is the behaviour that I see here normal or expected ( to me is isn't but I am not very ui-enabled ). Look at the attached jpeg, the first three checkboxes have the Align property set as Left, Center and Right, with no label the checkbox 'box' is aligned within the bounding rectangle of the control according to the 'Align' property. However, if there is a label then the checkbox 'box' is always left aligned and it is the text label that is aligned according to the 'Align' property. Now to my puny brain the latter behaviour ( as if there is a label present ) is what I would expect always. I would like to change the behaviour to be like that, but... the code is obviously and intentionally written to behave in the way described, does this make sense? would it be ok to change this? is it only me that things this is bizarre? For context this behaviour is causing me some grief when importing controls from mso formats, I could of course add some flag to the vcl Checkbox[*] class to make it behave like I wish conditionally, note: that also could require the toolbox awt ( and formcontrol ) uno checkbox control to support an extra flag also that could be persisted or their behaviour could independently be changed unconditionally ( and no need to support extra properties ). I am somewhat stumbling over what would be best to do, change the underlying vcl class unconditionally ? ( that would imply the uno controls behaviour also changes unconditionally ) or ... if we change the underlying vcl class conditionally what about the uno controls?, should we change them also conditionally? or unconditionally? It would seem to me if there is some consensus that the 'normal' vcl behaviour is not that normal but is 'abnormal' then I would be inclined to change the vcl class unconditionally ( and similarly the behaviour of the dependant uno controls ) Any thoughts ?

Noel

[*] same issue exists for (at least) for radio buttons

no thoughts anyone ?