On 28/06/12 19:02, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
Hi Noel,

Noel Power píše v Čt 28. 06. 2012 v 13:36 +0100:

Actually the "for quite a while" spans to 8ab086b6cc054501bfbf7ef6fa509c393691e860, the inital import of button.cxx to CVS :-( - it has been imported in 2000 with this already in place. Looking deeper, I thought that the 'alignment of checkboxes without text' behavior might make sense for the dialogs like Tools -> Options -> Load/Save -> Microsoft Office and alike, where you'd want to center the checkbox; but it seems to me that it is actually SvLBoxButton that is used there, not CheckBox. So - can you in any way check if we are actually using this CheckBox feature anywhere in the UI? [Ie. if we construct a CheckBox without text, but with WB_CENTER or WB_RIGHT?] If we do not use it, I'd get rid of that [even in UNO controls and everywhere], as you proposed. Regards, Kendy

I dug deeper, in the end I could only find CheckBoxControl http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svtools/inc/svtools/editbrowsebox.hxx#291 which has a member pBox which is a TriStateBox ( which inherits from CheckBox ) that has no label and is aligned with WB_CENTER, This class is used quite abit in dbaccess and also in one place in sw ( and indeed depends on the behaviour mentioned )

For the moment I changed both radiobutton and checkbox as described, I introduced a new virtual to allow a subclass to modify the behaviour ( I already did that in CheckBoxControl ) I did this for both radiobutton and checkbox even though I didn't see any instances of RadioButton that use this functionality.

I think the only was to see if I missed something is to commit the changes ( which I did to master ) However I think there is a better chance of 3.6 highlighting some missed usecase, with that in mind I ask for a review here. ( note I am away for the next two weeks so if someone would approve this I would ask they commit it too :-) )

the changes in question are :
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=a1345cd93a57ec7d9352f2c71ec2664332ce5e76
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=2bc2d09bba2e3f34e8ce13571de9ff7007e1c2b6

going forward I want to change both of these controls to accept some new parameter that would allow the position/alignment of the image within its bounding area separate from WB_LEFT, WB_RIGHT & WB_CENTER which now only apply to the label ( if it exists )

Noel