On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> wrote:
But we are doing that not now as pushes are atomic (or more precise:
ref-updates are), so tinderboxes wouldnt see a half-push.

true. but just because we don't, doesn't mean we shouldn't

Also all patches in a
series have the same owner, so blaming is easy.

blaming is one thing, quality is another.

The first goal of the
tinderboxes is to have the master tip buildable all times -- having it
buildable at every random commit is secondary.

secondary but important nonetheless.

Also: bibisect etc. could be
taught to only look for commits where the next commit date is at least 5 minutes
off.
No, that would not help. two commit cane within 5 minutes and yet
independant and 2 commit can be 5 minutes apart and yet belong to the
same patch-serie
iow, the timestamp of a commit is not very helpful in general wrt to tinderbox

Norbert