Just checking in. I plan to work 10am - 6pm UTC most days with an hour for
lunch at 1 or 2, just so you know.

Great! Please keep all dicsussion on the libreoffice list (unless
specifically private). Cc:ing this reply there.

In addition to that I'll be working on
building LO for Android on Mac os x.

That should work as well as from Linux, yes. I used to compile for
Android on Mac OS X, too, but then I ran into disk space issues with
somany build trees on my Mac, and switched to using a Linux laptop
instead.

I'm downloading xcode 3.2.6 to get the 10.4u SDK.

That should not be necessary now. Building with the clang from newest
Xcode, and against the 10.6 SDK, should work also; at least well
enough for the bits that are needed in a cross-compilation.  (Or gcc,
but I have tested clang lately)

You just need to pass in some options to autogen.sh; this should word:

CC_FOR_BUILD=ccache clang -arch i386 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
CXX_FOR_BUILD=ccache clang++ -arch i386 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
--with-build-platform-configure-options=--with-macosx-version-min-required=10.6
--with-macosx-sdk=10.6

(put that in your autogen.lastrun, i.e. treat autogen.lastrun as an
input file. or if you pass as command-line parameters, add quotes
around the "--with-macosx-version-min-required=10.6
--with-macosx-sdk=10.6".)

--tml