On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:53 AM, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier+libreoffice@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi Tor, *,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tml@iki.fi> wrote:
(one doesn't need to hunt for the
obsolete, ever more difficult to find

That's not true - in fact it is now easier to find than ever. (since
connect.apple.com got its redesign, has been quite a while)

and difficult to install, Xcode

That is nothing I can comment on...

3), we are a big step in that direction. Our principle has always been
that for the Mac one shouldn't need any 3rd-party software. But now
when Apple in their wisdom (or by accident) stopped including automake
and autoconf in Xcode, that isn't true any more.

What about just adding autoconf and automake into the
build-dependencies, with autogen.sh calling "make autotools" if those
are not found?

Probably better than having to keep a generated configure somewhere external....

Or have in contrib/dev-tools a script that download the need package
build and install them in /opt/lo/
iow a 'setup-build.env' script that deal with missing piece and set
them up in a 'lo-standard' place...
and describe that in the 'required dependencies'

/me gettting Lion to get a better picture of the problem...

Norbert