Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote 9 maart 2012
Would you mind using COL_RED instead of COL_LIGHTRED? (LIGHTRED on
YELLOW is mostly a colour contrast, thus people that only recognise
shades of grey, will not be able to discern between the colours easily
enough. [1])

I don't mind. it was just a simple demo and I liked the idea even more after running writer. Much
less mouse clicks to mark some text, or a cell in calc or a table. :)

Or could we consider using a checquered (gray/white) bitmap, like
used in GIMP for transparent?
I can only concur. I've made a quick mock-up, see attached file. I am
unsure if it is easy enough to discern the chequerboard pattern at the
6*22/4*16 scale of our icons, though. What do you think?

I have not looked into this idea of me further than ventilating the thought. I also don't know how
may bitmaps there are (and where) in the code for COL_TRANSPARENT, there are at least the buttons
and the palette(s).
But - (a large part of) the confusion was caused by my negligence, when I typed COL_GRAY instead of
COL_TRANSPARENT for the initial colour on the button. In the attachement you can see 2 buttons, one
with transparent (black border) and one with gray (no border). Perhaps this will be clear enough,
especially when we decide to use COL_RED and COL_YELLOW as initial colours for the buttons?

Winfried