Hi Winfried,

On 7 March 2012 07:54, Winfried Donkers <W.Donkers@dci-electronics.nl> wrote:
Astron wrote (06-03-2012 17:44)
That is expected behaviour to me. The startup background colur is
transparent (hence the gray bitmap in the button).

To the uninitiated, this behaviour might seem very confusing (exactly
as it did to Ivan). In Excel, the default background colour seems to
be yellow, so let's do something similar here – I don't like yellow
per se, but Excel users are probably used to yellow, so no need to
break the functionality for them.
So, I'd propose to use either "Yellow" or "Chart 3" as the default.

I simply -and without further thought- copied the initial setting of
the old style button, which was transparent and which shows as gray
(see colour palette). I have no problem in changing the initial
colour to yellow (as with writer highlight colour), but once you
select transparent colour from the palette, the button shows gray
again...

Okay.

Just let me know which initial colour you prefer and I will try to
implement it :)

In the interest of consistency and contrast... the best is probably to
use "Yellow."

Astron.