Hi Norbert

the problem is that this 'time' is not recorded anywhere. git does not
keep track of it.

I have the pull time because the tinderbox code was kindly modified to
provide a log file for each build
E.g.
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/Win-x86@6-fast/libreoffice-3-5/current/libreoffice-3-5~2011-12-09_12.44.50_build_info.txt

And Petr Vladek has suggested that this info should/could be included
in the About box
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Naming-builds-Please-tt3556898.html#a3561117

However Bjoern seems to have a different idea... But I still don't
know what it is :)
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Naming-builds-Please-tt3556898.html#a3567211

It is possible to do a web service to automate that (that is giving 2
sha1s and it tell you if the second one (the fix) is an 'ancestor' of
the first one (your build)

essentially:  if $(git merge-base <build-sha> <fix-sha>) = <fix-sha>

That would be nice ;)

The important part here is to know if the fix is included or not. When
or the exact time is not important at all!

Can you do that? :)

--
Pedro