On 12/14/2011 11:54 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 12/14/2011 11:41 AM, Pedro Lino wrote:
LO stores information about a selected JRE in the user profile at
config/javasettings_*.xml. Can you verify that just deleting that
file from
the bad old user profile would already be enough to solve the crash?

Yes, I can confirm that. I made some extensive testing.

This problem occurs if the user uninstalls or downgrades the Java
version (i.e. from 7 to 6)

This happens because under Windows the absolute path to Java is stored
in file javasettings_Windows_x86.xml located in
%AppData%\LOdev\3\user\config

E.g.<location>file:///C:/Program%20Files/Java/jre6</location>

Somehow sounds like a well-known problem from OOo times to me (but one
having already been addressed, I thought). Will have a look.

Hm, cannot reproduce this on Linux at least. When I consistently change all the file URLs in user/config/javasettings_Linux_X86_64.xml (including the ones encoded in the <vendorData>!) from the file:///usr/lib/jvm/... used on my machine to a non-existing file:///usrXX/lib/jvm/..., then restart soffice.bin directly (instead of soffice wrapper, to avoid interference with a confused javaldx), and start the Letter wizard, LO complains about a broken Java installation and does not crash.

Stephan