Hi Xisco,

On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 18:28 +0200, Xisco Faulí wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong but as i've seen in the fax wizard,each kind
of template has its own template so I believe it's the same for the
letter templates and every localize has a different template, right ?

        Um ;-) in theory yes, but in reality no - having a duplicated ODF file
for each and every translation (duplicating all the XML, all embedded
images etc. etc.) bloated our install sets to some huge size for no good
reason :-)

 In that case, the templates are the ones that should be changed,
right ?

        Weelll - so you're both right; but really we need to grub about inside
the templates themselves to add some improved translation scheme I
think; now we have fast native XSLTs - I guess we could use the native
XSLT filters to allow the templates to be self-standing, and yet adapt
to the locale nicely.

        But - your task is primarily the Java -> python conversion I guess :-)

        All the best,

                Michael.