Hi Lubos,

you wrote:
I'm not asking for anything ridiculous like having a paragraph
explaining every line, I'm saying that everything non-trivial
should have at least some documentation

Good, then we're mostly on the same page. Then we're both talking
about mission statements, higher-level interrelations etc.

You know, if, after figuring out all these things about
QuickFormatDoc(bool) and, you at least wrote down "the bool
argument probably means that <whatever> but it has a lot of
side-effects", you would very likely still have helped Sebastian a
lot.

Well, I guess that's the point of contention we have here. A comment
like that is useless in my book.

And I somehow wanted to preemptively counter the notion that, like a
cargo-cult, putting documentation on LibO code will magically make
it intuitively usable - just because KDE is intuitively programmable,
and has documentation.

But I guess this topic is now thoroughly discussed to death, I hope
my point, and my preference, is clear. We'd all love to have more
documentation inside LibO, but neither me, nor anybody else I
believe, will start mandating certain ways of documenting. We
welcome cleanups, fixes and features - and if that comes with
helpful header documentation, extra brownie points. ;)

So just in case, let's agree to disagree & keep the patches coming!
:)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten