Hi Miklos,

On 2010-12-03 at 16:19 +0100, Miklos Vajna wrote:

That's why I highlighted that this would be done only with _new_ files,
ie. the files that have have been git add'ed, and did not exist in the
repository before.  And we can further limit that only to .hxx/.h.

Ah, that makes a difference.

Good :-)

As to the crossing the line - the first time it won't let you commit,
and you'll be angry, the second time it won't let you commit, and you'll
just fix that, and the third time you'll comment just naturally, and
won't even hit the check :-)  This worked with the warnings about how to
structure the git commit logs [do you ever hit the hook that the 2nd
line in the commit log should be empty?], so I don't see why it
shouldn't work in this case ;-)

I just added support for checking given files only (relative to the
current directory) instead of the old "check all files in the current
directory and subdirectories" behaviour. Should I write the git hook
part of it, or can you do it?

If you can do, that would be great.

The only nontrivial part is how to to reach the scratch folder from the
bootstrap repo. :)

I'd say, just move it to bootstrap/bin, and enable in the
bootsrap/git-hooks only?

Thank you a lot,
Kendy