On 02/12/10 15:04, Michael Meeks wrote:
On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 12:44 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
There's probably a lot of people like me - not Java developers - who
neither need nor want java as part of their normal life
      Quite - I'll add an easy hack to remove Java from the build :-)
for some value of 'Easy' ... [ at least, I suspect there is still some
deep / gut-wrenching dependency ]

Sorry - I didn't make myself that clear ... we've got the --without-java
flag that removes java. That's not the problem.

The problem is that if the build detects java, it then *assumes* that
ant is *also* there, and blows up.

I was just trying to make the point that if LO wants java to be there, I
have no problem at all with that. If java gets pulled on to my system,
that's fine. What isn't fine is if (a) I didn't ask for it, and (b) its
presence causes things to blow up (like here).

On the old build, the presence of java pulled a copy of ant if it wasn't
already there - to get that behaviour back would be best imho.

(And seeing as my latest little project is testing a java shim - thanks
Caolan :-) - I need to get ant onto my system somehow - I'd prefer it to
be automagic rather than explicit.)

Cheers,
Wol