On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@novell.com> wrote:
So,

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 11:31 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
      Right - good point; I notice a number of these changes - so I'm working
through build/distro-config/LibreOfficeLinuxDevel.conf - to switch the
polarity of the default arguments to match that.

For info: I tweaked the autogen.sh of the bootstrap build to support
--with-distro=xxxxx

What it does is substitute --with-distro=xxx in the command line with
the content of ./distro-configs/xxxx.conf

I think that configure.in should be indeed tweaked so that by default
it does 'the right things' in most common situations.
and --with-distro= can be used as a simple short-cut for the rest.
(including LinuxFullInternal.conf for example to have a maximal build
with as much 'internal-copy' of system libraries, and --binfilter
etc..)

actually, It might be nice for the configure.in to 'fallback' to
internal system library if they are not found externally (that is:
ifthe cmmand line did not explicitly said --with-system-yyyy or
--withou-system-yyyy, then try to find a system yyyy and if not found
fallback on the internal one)

Norbert

PS: I've seen it mentoned in a couple of post already, but worth repeating:

autogen.sh in the boostrap, save the last command line you used with
it in autogen.lastrun Note that what is saved is the command line
itself, before substitution
so that if you did use --with-distro=xxxx the next time --with-distro
will be substituted again with the then-content of
distro-configs/xxxxx.conf

when you run autogen.sh without parameter AND autogen.lastrun exist,
the content of autogen.lastrun is used as command line argument.
If you really mean to call autogen.sh without argument use :
./autogen.sh --

autogen.sh also print, for you convenience the command line passed to
./configure at the top of the stdout. What is displayed there is the
command line _after_ substitution, so you can easely see what
--with-distro pulled in.

Norbert