On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 12:02:18AM +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
On 26/11/10 09:05, David Tardon wrote:
I think that's not possible, because some of the filters (like
WordprocessorML) use XSLT 2.0, which is not supported by libxslt (wasn't
supported the last time I looked, at least). So either we throw
out (or rewrite to XSLT 1.0) all XSLT 2.0 filters and declare that we
only support XSLT 1.0 or we're stuck with saxon (and java).

Just throwing an idea out ...

There's a lexer/parser project called Antlr that creates either Java or
C++ back ends. They may (or may not) already have an XSLT 2 parser etc.

Is that worth investigating? If they've got it, it'll give us a tree
"for free" that we'll then have to analyse ourselves.

Not at all. XSLT _is_ XML, therefore a parser is relatively trivial
thing. What we need is XSLT 2.0 processor...

D.