Hi Wols,

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 23:56 +0100, Wols Lists wrote:
    Anyone particularly brave that feels able to replicate the calc
regression tests for writer out there ?

I know I'm butting in without knowing the details, but what do you mean
by "the right result".

        Ah - he who writes the regression tests, rules the world :-)

 One of the reasons WordPerfect has hung on so
strongly to the lawyer market in the US is that Word does not use the
legal definition of word-count (something to do with footnotes or
footers or that sort of thing). Do we know how Word and WordPerfect
count words, and can we emulate both of them?

        Well - I'm well up for 'doing it right' personally; but I would love to
have some well commented regression tests with the corner cases
explained carefully there.

Even if we're not getting it right right now, if we define the
regression tests we can then make the code fit :-)

        Naturally :-) but what we really need is brave hackers to write
them ...

        Thanks,

                Michael.