    Ok - so, one thing that is helpful is: if you use a script - can you

post the script instead of a patch ? :-) that way we save a lot of

reviewer time.

I used a graphical find/replace manager. I don't remember how exactly the
regexp looked, but at first I removed all '/*.*/ ' comments (where '.' is
any character. Also note the space at the end), later I removed the
remaining '/*.*/'. IIRC I was mostly working in the filters/ directory.
Could you inform me once you remove these comments? Then I can sync the git
repository and obtain the other changes I made, which will still be a lot of
dead code removed, I guess.

not all of the conditionally compiled out code is useless, some of the
in-line tests

are perhaps useful to keep (for now) until we have a good unit test

framework.

I didn't try to decide which code is valuable. I think it's better to remove
all dead code at once and then explicitly state that what's left is there
for a reason (maybe tag all left '#if 0's with a specific comment?). This
would save a lot of work for other people and maybe even help to build the
test framework.

It'd be great to move up the hierarchy of

'easiness' though - the goal of the easy tasks is only secondarily to

make the code prettier, primarily it is to get people building,

contributing, and get stuck into the code :-)

Ok:) These patches were maybe the first my contributions so I was a bit
affraid to start high. After all, LibreOffice is quite a big codebase to
begin working with.

    What most interests you in LibreOffice ? do you have some deeper goal

in one of the components / filters / features we can help you with ?

Currently I don't have my favourite subject:)

[ and are you on IRC ? ] :-)

I'm not used to it, but I can set it up.

Thanks!

Povilas