Hi *,

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Eric Hoch <eric_openoffice@gmx.de> wrote:
[external (non-XCode-provided) dependencies when building on Mac]

In this case yes :-) I didn't know that there are so many libs and
binaries needed at the moment. [...]

Is this because of a new build process that LibO uses compared to
the one OOo uses?

Yes - but not because the stuff is really required, but just because
nobody did care about it.
Or to put it otherwise: The wrapper-tools around builidng that
originated from go-oo introduce those requirement, not the code of the
actual Office.

Plus, I wonder were all the cleanup work done by Christian Lohmaier
is gone. He did a great job in making OOo build on an
out-of-the-box with XCode installed.

They are still there, just those cleanups need now be applied to the
framework (that I personally dislike the way it is designed, I hope
that the duplication will be removed, at least after the first
release)

Btw: Are there any up to date build instructions for Mac OS X? I
only found Linux instructions or can I use them on the mac as
well?

It doesn't build out-of-the box without either installing the deps or
patching it locally, still some work to do to get it nicely as OOo.

[....]
Btw does your build run on 32bit machines as well? I remember that
the project working on the "native VLC" for Mac OS X adopted 64bit
but during this process lost the ability to run their builds on
32bit machines.

The office is, like OOo built against the 10.4u SDK and works on 32bit
as well (in fact, it is only a 32bit version, no matter that it has
been compiled on a 64bit system)
(The MacIntel buildbot is a 10.6.x Server (and thus even "more" 64bit
than the regular desktop OS) for example)

ciao
Christian