On Oct 8, 2010, at 2:42 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:

Hi Eric,

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 07:35 +0200, Eric Hoch wrote:
Looking at this list now it reminds me of the building the X11 OOo
on the mac :-)

      Wow - we don't want to be that bad - obviously.

Is this because of a new build process that LibO uses compared to
the one OOo uses?

      Perhaps; not sure - the dependency list does seem over-long (to me),
perhaps cloph can advise us on where to go here.

Plus, I wonder were all the cleanup work done by Christian Lohmaier
is gone. He did a great job in making OOo build on an
out-of-the-box with XCode installed.

      Quite - we need to get back to that place.

Btw: Are there any up to date build instructions for Mac OS X? I
only found Linux instructions or can I use them on the mac as
well?

      And indeed, a wiki page outlining this would be a great thing to work
on - once all the deps are hammered down, we can focus on shrinking
them; I guess Thorsten is a good contact there.

I have a free disk partition so I'll try installing Mac OS 10.6 & xCode and see what happens this
week-end. I can then generate a better dependance list.

I've played with building other big programs (GCC, wget, & LLVM) on my current partition so I'm not
really base.

I should also generate a document showing how to set everything up. (my current work on the wiki
suggests MacPorts; which I think is a little broken).

Most of my MacPorts issues are caused by my box being 64bit and it's issues with installing
anything except 64bit versions. LO is hard-coded somewhere to only build in 32bit mode; which means
that I need ether a 32bit version of the libraries or a fat version (I don't want 32bit only;
because, I may want to do other work and thus, I may need the 64bit version).

      HTH,

              Michael.

Joe P.