On my 10.6.4 machine, I had to install the following to get things to build:

autoconf                2.68
automake        1.11.1
coreutils               8.5
gettext         0.18.1.1
git                     1.7.2.3
glib                    2.26.0
gmp             5.0.1
libIDL          0.8.14
libiconv                1.13.1  - I was having some issues with the base one not be recognized as
GNU
libidn          1.19
libxml2         2.7.7   - Not sure why configure didn't find the base one (maybe because it's in
Framework which is mac only)
libxslt         1.1.26
m4                      1.4.15
pkg-config      0.25
wget            1.12

I wouldn't worry too much about the "gcp" issue.

On a side note, I now hate MacPorts. I'm using a MacPro and installing -i386 fails on about half of
the above installs. -x86_64 fails on about half (and if you don't include it, this is the default).
The +universal option again fails on about half of them.

I ended up just downloading the base .tar.gz files and building them all from scratch. Most of them
allow you to just set the compiler flags to "-arch i386 -arch x86_64" to automatically build fat
versions. Two of them required building one -arch, doing the install, and the building the 2nd
-arch, and then manually create the fat version.

Joe P.