I gave it a bit of thought but I didn't write down all possible reasons why
it would be a good idea.
Right now there are 4 or 5 variants, and all of them have issues. Instead
of packing more and more variants, just create a section in the extension
website and just include two Notebookbars by default and focus work of
everyone in polishing those (and hence Bugzilla reports would be focused in
just those two variants).

As Jan said, this decreases the complexity of usability checks, and the
team doesn't have to consider 5 or 6 variants when enacting changes.
Also by focusing on just two variants, we can "market" those as being the
Libre Office look.

IMO, LO should just include one of the Notebookbar variants (with a Full
and Compact option) by default and the other should be moved to the
extensions website.

IMO, the Groupedbar should be the chosen one.
Here are the reasons why I think it is the most suited one:
1 - *It has a unique look among Office suites, thus it allows Libre Office
to adopt a distinctive look among its competitors.*
2 - It's distinctive from the Ribbon UI, and it's not a traditional toolbar,
3 - *It allows users to still access drop down menus.* This is one of the
main issues that people point out when using the Ribbon UI in MSO. It's
also a downside of the Tabbed Bar,
4 - In a time where every Office suite follow the Ribbon UI, the Groupedbar
still is familiar enough for users that grew up using it but retains the
advantages of the toolbar (easy access to drop-down menus).
5 - It already got some positive spin in sites like OMG Ubuntu.
6 - It looks functional in the 3 modules (in the 6.1 dev).
I think Andreas K. struck gold when creating it.

I would rebrand it to something more unique about Libre Office (if Andreas
agrees). Why not call it Colibre Bar? To keep with the name of the new icon
set? That way we would have an entire Colibre UI (notebookbar+icon set) and
Marketing could run with it when releasing the 6.1 version ("try the
all-new Colibre UI in LO 6.1!").