Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem

The mock-ups posted by Evil Overlord are very nice. But if there's no real
discussion or interest in this board to improve the LibreOffice UI then
this won't change in the near future.
And with the discussion mostly focusing on portraying the Sidebar as a
"problem" instead of a potential way to kickstart an UI evolution I guess
real changes are very far away.

It's a shame that the members of the LibreOffice UI team have no interest
in improving the UI because right now, a lot of other open-source projects
(such as Gnome, KDE, Elementary, Cinnamon, etc, etc) are doing great
innovations in design and UI/UX and LibreOffice as one of the most
prominent open-source projects is completely stagnant in that regard -
prefering to stick to an UI inspired by an outdated piece of closed source
software (Microsoft Office 2003).