[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem
- From: Jean-Francois Nifenecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 20:40:27 +0100
- To: email@example.com
Le 28/01/2014 17:06, Mirek M. a écrit :
> Hi guys,
> Ever since we've adopted the sidebar, we've had issues with duplicate
> panels . Worse yet, the sidebar brings yet another UI element to look
> through for commands. This might not sound like a big problem, but this
> makes our already hard to use UI even harder to use, and is bound to get
> worse as the sidebar develops.
The LibO sidebar is, imo, the worse thing that has hit software for ages:
1. when I only need it in Impress (for transitions and animations
settings), it remains visible in Writer
2. the sidebar is not consistent with other UI items in LibO. In
Impress, the panel choice is clumsy. The set of buttons should be at the
top (à la Stylist).
3. in Writer, it doesn't emphasize on Styles and brings more attention
to what is evil: direct formatting (this explains why I do *not* want it
4. it takes too much room on screen. A toolbar can be docked somewhere
and just occupy one row/column of tools. This thing is way too
wide/high. BTW: my primary PC is a 13" laptop, but I'd say the same if I
had a 19" or wider desktop.
I've got the Navigator and the Stylist docked on the right. Where could
I dock the sidebar? Should I get a two-screen setup?
So, to me, and until/unless that thing changes dramatically, the sidebar
stays hidden. As-is it is a pure annoyance. I deeply regret to have to
use it in Impress...
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem||r_ouellette <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem||"Mirek M." <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem