Hi Thibaut,
I share your desire to clean up the toolbars (in fact, I've made a proposal
myself [1]).
However, I don't agree with all the changes that you've proposed
(especially not with moving the style dropdown to the Standard toolbar, as
it applies only to text and should thus be shown on the Formatting toolbar,
based on ux-natural-mapping [2]).
Rather than argue about which icons should be shown and which ones
shouldn't now, I'd rather propose something that would allow us to make
wide-reaching changes to toolbars without upsetting users as much.
I'd like to propose making an optional hidden items menu (read the proposal
at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Mirek2#Optional_Hidden_Items_Menu),
which would allow us to hide lesser-used toolbar items without sacrificing
discoverability.
Perhaps we could propose that as an easy hack?

It might also be good to have a responsive layout for toolbars [3]. The
initial implementation could be as simple as deducing the icon size based
on the window size. I believe that could be an easy hack as well.
(Adjusting the icon size based on toolbar size would require some deeper
thought, analysis, and user testing.)

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Toolbars
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Principles
[3] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Mirek2#Responsive_Layout