Hi everyone,

would anyone object against Cedric including this as new default (empty)
template:

      http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Avantgarde.ott

      Alex
Hi,

I object to the use of serif fonts for default. It's the first thing I change.
Is it an American obsession? in Europe, a larger proportion of  magazines with
typographical insight, use sans serif for body text nowadays.

I know all the well trodden but generally evidence sparse arguments for serif
body fonts. The argument is at least as much about the aesthetic as it is
about the physiological and psychological aspects of readability. In fact, on
most screens sans is more readable than serif. I'd happily coexist with the
serif-ims, if only they wouldn't always impose their creed on us sans-ites. I
suggest we have two equivalent templates (one sans and one serif) and make
template choice easier (it's not a great UX at the moment). That way both
camps could be satisfied

Cheers,

Greg