Hi

I love it that someone finely started to look at the default styles. There are much
room for improvement. Besides Astrons comments I'd like to ask:

Before I begin I'd like to say that I think there are a lot of potential in this template.
Keep that in mind if I start to sound bitter. :)

There are a lot of changes to styles hidden in this template. How would you feel about starting with smaller steps? Could you start from a clean document and
just change what you want to update?

Do we really want numbered headings (Outline Numbering) as default? If I were to write a simple letter or document I definitely wouldn't want that. To me that belongs to books, reports and longer documents that most likely will be created using a template. If we want to keep the Outline Numbering could we add a space separator after the numbering so that when adding a table of contents you at least get a space after the
chapter numbering.

Why so much distance between paragraphs in the paragraph styles Contents 1-10

Table heading and table contents also has lots and lots of space around it, do we
really want that much space as default?

The character style "Index Link" which is used by default in table of contents is set
to the font Calibri, we probably don't want that.

Could we decrease the size of the Paragraph style Contents Heading a bit, the blue
color is nice but it's a bit big for my taste.

The margins on the page style Defalut has changed, we should probably change
at least First Page, Left Page and Right Page. It would probably be a good idea to change Endnote, Footnote and Index as well. Though I have never really used them
myself but they seem to have the same margins as default today.

There are quite a few custom styles (character and paragraph). Do we really want that in a template that is going to be default? At this point I don't think that their
names will be possible to localize. I might be wrong though.

Sorry for commenting on this so late, and for sounding so bitter. I'm really not I just think that we might be rushing things a bit. I would love to see the styles updated.

Since I haven't been involved on this list before maybe you shouldn't listen to closely to me.

Regards,
Niklas Johansson