Hi all,

I've done a little mock-up of some changes of colour (strictly for
Windows Vista and up, when using Aero or Aero Basic as the theme):

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Mainwindow-win7-mockup.png [1].

The icons in my mockup may be pretty random, but I think the Tango
style actually looks quite handsome in this setting.
(The "inspiration" for this obviously comes from the versions of Paint
and Wordpad included in Windows 7.)
What do you say?

And, of course, replies to the previous mail...

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=778d80bc2c37e4549daff2cc1f74f8665235407b
Wonderful. Thank you, Kendy.

I am not sure if we can do any improvements wrt. the 'scrolled' version;
fading the document to the workspace would probably be ideal, but not
yet sure if doable with reasonable effort...

I think it's fine the way it is.

Microsoft got away with a very similar look, so will we, I think.

Astron.

[1] SVG version (without icons [2], sorry) is here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Mainwindow-win7-mockup.svg
[2] I've actually added the icons later, in Gimp, because Inkscape
skewed them somehow.