The problem is a sane default; currently it is taken from system, but from
some

reason it is different (and uglier) than in other apps. I'm still
investigating.

Regards,
Kendy

Sorry for sending two mails, but after sending the first one i
realized maybe my idea was a bit incomplete.
The reason for which LibO looks uglier isn't the background,
or any other isolated element, but the interaction between all the
elements of the UI. Look at any other "pretty app" they don't have
the best background, or the best toolbar or the best status bar,
what they have is a beautiful interaction of elements inside the
app that gives as a result a "pretty" program.

What i mean is, change the background, it's a quick, easy fix,
but don't expect it to work wonders and suddenly make LibO
look good, if what you want it to make a good looking office suite,
you need to change everything to make the overall look awesome.