Hi everyone,

2012/3/9 Stefan Knorr (Astron) <heinzlesspam@googlemail.com>

Hi Mirek,

Here's what I'd suggest. Since 95% of the time, the user will use the
dialog to pick a template, let's use single-click to open a template.
Let's
have a selection mode with which the user could select and move files.

I guess that's helpful for Tablet LibO... For desktop LibO the
behaviour seems extremely inconsistent.
Almost all desktop file managers have an option that allows opening
files/folders with a single click, but I've yet to see one where this
was deemed so useful to be enabled by default (I guess KDE 3 Konqueror
used to have it enabled by default, but that is the only app I
remember – in Dolphin, this choice was reverted, too).

AFAIK, it's still the default in Dolphin, isn't it?

And more distros are moving to single click. As I mentioned, Gnome
applications (including Nautilus) are going to use single-click.
Microsoft's Metro UI uses single click. Unofficial desktop versions of
Android use single-click, and it's expected that Android 5.0 will
officially support mouse+keyboard-based interaction. Google Docs uses
single-click to open files.

Double-click itself is very inconsistent itself. For example,
single-clicking an application icon in the launcher will launch it, but
single-clicking an application icon on the desktop will select it. There is
no single rule to say what acts on double-click instead of single-click --
you just have to learn by trial.

Lastly, template categories should be managed inside the Template dialog,
not from Options (it's bloated enough :) ). How about having an options
button (with a gear icon, I presume) next to every category heading,
which
would trigger a menu including options to rename or delete the category
(deleting the category would simply move its templates to the
"Uncategorized" category). There could be an "Add category" button at the
bottom of the template grid.

Sounds good...

Astron.