Hi Alex,

the problem with your icons is they're too large. They absolutely need
to be 24*24 or 32*32, respectively.
To recap:
* Folder icon, Templates icon: 32*32
* Download Templates, Download Extensions, Information icon: 22*22
(basically, but we'll add an additional 1px border to them)

Actually, I didn't take the human theme folder Icon, but created a new one based on an image I
found. If this (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Human_icons) is the correct theme, then its
apparently licensed under Creative Commons Legal Code Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5.

These are Share-Alike, so I don't think we can not take them, since we
need to re-license them under different licenses, namely LGPL3+/MPL.

Extensions: http://ubuntuone.com/2pz9N2hXSbgxU1pEVcJFqR

Hm, I think the arrow is in the wrong position. It should be bottom
right, but it is on the bottom left. This probably relates to the way
we read, i. e. left to right (since overlaid icons are a bit like a
story: "There are extensions (main information). Download them from
here (follow-up information).")

I kind of like the way you attached the "nub" on top. That makes the
triangle more recognisable as the TDF triangle. My icon hides its
triangular shape a little, sadly:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Down-exten.svg (feel free to
tell if this doesn't work at all).
About the question of colour for this icon: I think Mozilla
established green extension icons, but I don't think we should go for
green for two reasons:
* the LibreOffice brand is green based and Tango's green clashes a bit with that
* and, more importantly, we already have a green arrow – unless we
want to change this now, using green for the extension icon would make
it unrecognisable.

Other colours: I could imagine purple would work, or maybe brown
(cardboard/wood) or grey (paper). I don't think red or orange make any
sense. So, do go ahead, if you want to go into any of these
directions.

Folder 2: http://ubuntuone.com/2D7EO1xOczgvX414xmZi1G (Based on the tango one)

I don't quite like the perspective on this one (it's just broken). And
I was just starting to feel happy with mine.
I also put a document in mine, dammit:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Openfile2.svg

About the document in the folder:
* pro generic document:
+ we can open many different formats
+ there already is lots of TDF branding in the Start Center, we
shouldn't overdo it
+ TDF document might be overly complicated at small sizes

* pro TDF document:
+ might be a "nice" branding touch to complete our branding

I tend to go with argumentation #1, as you can see from my listing already.

Info: http://ubuntuone.com/0n8CVcgXnNY8hYO1mIBRTX

Nice, scaled this down a little, otherwise unchanged. Not sure if
adding a drop shadow is necessary, since the perspective does meet the
definition of "on the shelf" better than "on the table", so not,
right? This is now here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:StartcInfo.svg .

Templates: http://ubuntuone.com/3TODCaUqhlbHzv5CDOwodP

The arrow problem is now the same as with the the extensions icon.
Additionally something went wrong with spiral binding there... So, I
propose that we just take this:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Templates-down.svg (maybe
change the arrow, but otherwise unchanged) and
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Templates.svg (just taken from
initial branding SVG, with some things deleted, otherwise unchanged).

(Please always click through to the actual SVG's as the wiki's
rendering is pretty awful.)

Astron.