Alex,

Now we should decide whether we like the icons and propose their insertion
in the 3.6 . I think it's too late for the 3.5 .

Best,
Charles.
Le 9 déc. 2011 21:37, "alexander.wilms" <alexander.wilms@zoho.com> a écrit :

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the encouragement :)

I adjusted the icons to follow the Tango guidelines and added a folder
icon.

I used a regular puzzle piece instead of the triangular one, since IMHO
the triangle is hard to recognize. The svg contains some versions using it,
though.

The second file is how it looks in the actual Start Center.

SVG: http://ubuntuone.com/0YRSJhNhqvIfuYSeyg2SbD

Start Center: http://ubuntuone.com/5uLQxTV22Y2bMIg4q0UyKP

What else shoud I do?

Kind Regards

Alex

---- On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 18:19:59 +0100 Stefan Knorr (Astron) &
lt;heinzlesspam@googlemail.com&gt; wrote ----

Hi Alex,

thanks for these, they're a great start.
However, since the Tango theme is now our default, we should try to
create something that fits well in there. Please read the Tango
project's style guide on their homepage – which seems to be down more
often than not, so here's a link to the Wayback Machine copy of the
style guide [1].

For the Templates icon, this doesn't apply, just use it as is. The
other app icons in the Start Center aren't Tango icons either and use
the LibO palette [2]. The "i" icon and the Open icon should be Tango
though. About the Extension icon, I'm not sure... you decide which
palette to use.

Now, for the extension icon (only if you want to change its shape
entirely again), on [3] there are some interesting ideas for an
extension icon for LibO. I particularly like Vamsi's paper clip idea
and Klaus-Jürgen's triangular puzzle pieces [4], but see for yourself.

There's another thing of note: please try to fit your icons
pixel-perfect to 24*24 (one pixel border on all four sides necessary),
respectively 32*32 (no border necessary, I think), surfaces.

I am terribly sorry for the many added constraints, I hope this
doesn't keep you away from contributing now. Also note, the icons
don't have to be perfect, but good enough for shipping in LibO.

Regards,

Astron.

Btw: the inclusion of the download arrows into the extension/template
repo icons is a great idea.

[1]
http://web.archive.org/web/20090318154132/http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table
[3]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Extensions_templates_site_logo
[4] Klaus-Jürgen's icon is still too complicated to work on 24*24,
though, so a reduction to just the puzzle piece in the centre would be
necessary.