Hi Andreas!

Am Montag, den 24.10.2011, 21:57 +0200 schrieb Andreas Mantke:
Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2011, 21:23:54 schrieb Christoph Noack:
(...)
Am Sonntag, den 23.10.2011, 17:16 +0200 schrieb Andreas Mantke:
Hi Christoph, *,

Am Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2011, 15:58:07 schrieb Christoph Noack:
Am Sonntag, den 23.10.2011, 13:31 +1100 schrieb Nik:
[...]

but that is not a discussion task only for designer. I created the
Donation-Portlet because there was a discussion and request on
other
lists (If I remember correctly the website list).
Thus the discussion had to take place on the Website- or the
Foundation-Discuss-List, because otherwise we'll discuss this
topic
again and again on different lists.

Absolutely! Discussions will take place ... and this was the reason
for
me to start the "what is important for users and us"-list. I think
that
hasn't been clear from my side (sorry). Once we defined the "user
tasks"
with the highest priority (or things we really need to avoid, like
e.g.
advertising), it will be much easier to decide.

but that is not a design-only-thing. It should in my opinion be
discussed on the
lists, I suggest above.

And I agreed to that ... I just think its easier to prepare a balanced
list of important / less important things being based on an UX
perspective. That should make it easier to get the others involved (my
hope).

I created the donation portlet, because there was a strong request for
it. If we
would go in another direction or will change the focus, it should
discussed on the
international discuss list or the website list. And it is no fun for a
developer, if
he had to do everything again and again (You know groundhog day ;-)

Well, I don't think that the donation portlet is a bad idea ... but as
Nik pointed out (which I agree to), it may convey the wrong message.
Especially for people approaching the page ... having not even found an
extension / template that might help them. That's also UX input ...

So, back to the Calc named ranges.

Cheers,
Christoph