On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 14:00 +0200, Christoph Noack wrote:
Hi Charles,

thanks for the quick reply ...

Am Samstag, den 13.08.2011, 10:43 +0200 schrieb Charles-H. Schulz:
2011/8/13 drew <drew@baseanswers.com>

[... Template Proposals and Discussions ...]

I think that while we'll still are waiting for Kevin's updated template we
can call it a day and we may organize a jury of sorts next week?

Okay - so when you've originally requested the templates you referred to
the "Design Team" for the voting. Personally, I'm a bit hesitant when it
comes to voting or "jury-ing" for something people have to "work" with
it. I might be pessimistic here - but there have been to many bad
templates for previous OOoCons (required much tweaking, then, each
presenter had something different). These have been selected quite
similarly. So, is there anyone you have in mind for the "jury"?

I'd propose the following guys for giving their primary thoughts (but
didn't ask them yet):
      * Bernhard --> design team lead, presented at the OOoCon before
      * Nik (if he can spend some time) --> brought up the motif which
        is one essential part for the LibO branding, designed the
        conference logo, designed the website
      * Florian or Italo --> representatives for Marketing, presented at
        OOoCons
      * You (Charles) --> presented at the OOoCon, you requested the
        template

Due to my history, I'd like to add myself as well

- but I don't know
whether this is acceptable for all (due to my own proposal). Personally,
I'd like to see a decision on the basis of real criteria. Or, even
better, a good decision within the Design team :-)

- seems we sweat the trivial and trivialize the important sometimes, and
yes I'm as guilty of that as anyone at times. (Just my opinion, I know
we all have different perspectives)

I forgot Charles wanted only one template
- just use Christoph's file, it works. Kevin won't mind I strongly
suspect, I don't mind.

Sorry for not posting the update to No1-green (or as I renamed it 'The
Full Monty') last night - around 3:30AM I decided it was done...odd,
one extraneous master slide, where did that come from?..so removed it -
poof that is the end of that file AGAIN #%*K ...anyway, I'll reconstruct
it AGAIN and post it, with and without logos as 2 people have asked for
it for their personal use (odd they haven't seen the font changes, hope
they like the Ubuntu font), minus the logos.

Also, Christoph I am bold face stealing some of your graphics, like
colored squares and little triangles for hope you don't mind and I will
try to put this up this weekend, but...

Best wishes,

//drew