Christoph, Drew, all,

2011/8/13 drew <drew@baseanswers.com>

On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 00:48 +0200, Christoph Noack wrote:
Hi again!

Am Dienstag, den 02.08.2011, 16:05 +0200 schrieb Christoph Noack:
[...]
I like it - are you going to bring in some of the secondary colors,
as
you did in the earlier template then?

I thought a little bit about that - since we've chosen the motif, I'm a
bit hesitant and I think that the basic "green-ish/white-ish"
appearance
is better. On the other hand, I really like your idea that we need some
colors to highlight stuff ... so how about adding those pre-colored
boxes and graphic objects that people can easily copy-and-paste?

Sooo, I finally managed to add some pre-defined gradients,
(hierarchical) styles and shapes - it should now be quite simple to put
together (at least) something. Please try it and report issues, thanks!

So, as a summary, we have:
      * a rather decent template,
      * mimicking (I hope) the style Nik introduced,
      * making "clean" use of master pages,
      * showing their use in examples,
      * even for footer elements,
      * providing pre-defined drawing styles, shapes and gradients,
      * defining font alternatives (but works best with Liberation*)
      * and the size is still less than 700 KB

Available here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Proposal_LibOConf2011_Template.odp

Thats really is very nice, appearance and content, quite so.

[...]
Drew, thanks a lot for the feedback and the encouraging words ... I'm
sure that we'll, together, deliver something very good for our first
conference. (Which needs to be awesome *g*).

Still valid ;-)

I think we are "template wise" well prepared ...

One more update to come from me still - and very soon.

@Kévin - you mentioned that you where learning about setting up
templates. Christoph just put up a very good example of how to lay it
out, please do if you are up to it, take the time to try and update your
first submittal after looking at Chris' and update file on the wiki, I'd
love to see it.

Adios,

//drew

I think that while we'll still are waiting for Kevin's updated template we
can call it a day and we may organize a jury of sorts next week?

Best,
Charles.