Hi Christopher, hi Nick!

Nick, thanks for your feedback - and I don't know whether this helps or
not, but it is a known issue for some years now. Unfortunately, changing
that (in a way that it makes real sense) requires to use something
called "Layout Manager", so that we can switch button orders depending
on the platform.

At least, I've documented that some time ago in the Design Team's "What
We Need" list:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Kick-Off/WhatWeNeed#LibreOffice_Technical_Basis

The last time I talked about that with some developers was at the Fosdem
in February - the work seems a bit stalled at the moment (or let's say:
nobody actively picked that topic).

So if anybody wants to work on / advertise that topic - highly
appreciated.