I have to agree on the icons.  Even if they are functional, they sure aren't
pretty (and this may be unrelated, but can we please 1) Get rid of that
hideous gray/black gradient on the down arrow at the end of toolbars-- it
looks really bad and breaks up the GUI, and 2) allow toolbar behavior, like
the showing of the "Full screen" toolbar, to be customized?).  Faenza is a
good looking theme, and while it may not be to everyone's taste, at least we
can try this one out first.

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/07/faenza-icons-for-libreoffice-toolbar.html