Hi all,

This thread is awesome and almost too much for one thread :D I would like to jump into the deep end
of the pool now and hopefully not sink to the bottom like a rock. I am relatively new here and look
forward to helping out where I can. IMHO, the biggest problem I have with researching user's needs
is - already being discussed in this topic - the analysis of the data received. Forgive my
ignorance, if I have over-read this somehow, but:

What data mining is being done now?
Where is this stored?
Where are, and who is doing, the analysis of this data?

IDEAS/ENHANCEMENTS
The otrs.org are using ideascale.com for collecting user ideas. Unfortunately, my experience - as
Community Manager from this project - with this service is less then satisfying. An alternative is
IdeaTorrent [ http://www.ideatorrent.org/  ]. Again an unfortunate situation here is that the
developer is currently (AFAIK) not continuing development on this project.

Pro:
Users can give feedback about a product and vote on these ideas.
Lot's of promotion of such system will lead to a good idea of the "real" need of the "active" user
trying to give LibO feedback.
Users can offer multiple solutions.
Users can comment, discuss, bookmark ideas.

Con:
It can get messy; users do not always describe things pretty
Can lead to high maintenance depending on the amount of feedback.