Hello Bernhard,

Le Mon, 23 May 2011 17:49:42 +0200,
Bernhard Dippold <bernhard@familie-dippold.at> a écrit :

Hi all,

Bernhard Dippold schrieb:
Hi Charles, all,

thanks for the request - anybody has some spare time and ideas to
work on this topic?

Charles-H. Schulz schrieb:
Hello Design Team,

As you know we will have our first LibreOffice conference in
October 2011 in Paris. Do you think it would be possible to design
a logo for the event? We may have either one specific logo, or a
generic logo for all the future LibreOffice conference with only
the name of the location changing or slightly amended graphically.

While Charles told me, that he personally don't like the skyline
graphics we had on some of the OOoCon logos, I think it would be
good for our branding, if we had a generic logo dedicated to all
LibreOffice conferences with some modifiable parts:

The main visual should stay the LibreOffice logo (with TDF subline
as official community event).

As Charles already mentioned, the name of the location is necessary.

I'd like to see the number in the line of LibreOffice conferences
too, but this might mean that we have to localize the logo (1st /
1ere / 1ste)...

Additionally I think of a constant visual element for all
conferences as well as an area for a dedicated graphic for the
specific event.

I don't know if I'll have the time to work on this topic during the
next days (I'll have to attend a congress at Hamburg until
Tuesday), so I would be glad if you don't hesitate to comment,
draft and design...

Now I took the time and tried to do something graphically to show you
what I mean:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibOCon_logo.png

Central part is the official LibreOffice logo - even with the other
content of the logo, the main focus stays on this logo.

I added a part of the scatter motif (tried first to just cut it off
at the border, but it didn't look good), moved some of the triangles
around to keep a more or less balanced impression. This part could be
considered as the constant part of the logo - perhaps as basis for
other community logos too.

Didn't add "1st" or "1ere", because this would have to become
translated and could have not been positioned in front of the LibO
logo, what would be necessary IMHO if we want to call the conference
"1st LibreOffice Conference" instead of "LibreOffice 1st Conference".

Finally added a graphic that could be considered as specific for
Paris (in fact it isn't - the barét hat can be taken as symbol for
France in general, but for other regions too) - just to show you what
I meant with a specific graphic.

I positioned the hat in a way that it resembles the cut-off corner of
the document symbol.

In general I wanted to keep the visual impression of our branding:

Light, open, free and following our color language.

Do you think I managed to describe what I want to convey with the
conference logo?

You did, at least for me. To me the logo is enough like that and it's
beautiful and simple. But let's get rid of the hat, it's awful and
nobody knows why people think French wear that hat :-)

Thank you,
Charles.

Best regards

Bernhard