Hi Kendy

This type of idea could be extended to apply to the installation process.

i.e.
Power Users - want all options turned on and showing
Professional Users - most options turned on and showing
Moderate Users - reduced set of options turned on and showing
Basic User - minimum set to be functional, hide all others.

This could apply to Writer and Calc so that a user could indicate Power user for Writer but Moderate for Calc.

This would require that all toolbars have a ranking as well as all pull-down menu options and icons. e.g. 4 = Power User, 3=Professional User

If a person indicates 3 then only 4's are hidden, if they indicate 2 then 3's and 4's are hidden. A user can in time change their ranking to see what is available.

I've added this suggestion to Design/WhitePaper/InterfaceImprovements which can be accessed from Design/Whiteboards in the Document Foundation.

Cheers

Phil Jackson